Intensive Programs: Summer / Winter / Spring
We offer our “Engines at Play” intensive programs during summer, winter and spring vacations for children ages 2-6 with language delays or difficulty interacting with others.
Highlights of Our Engines at Play Programs:
• Groups are facilitated by our skilled speech-language pathologists and maintain a small child-adult ratio.
• Daily structure offers a predictable routine during breaks from school.
• All activities are play and group-based, and are designed to motivate and engage group members.
• Areas of focus Include:
– Social Skills
– Mindfulness Exercises
– Narrative Development
– Music Enrichment
– Group Craft Projects
– Sensory Activities
Goals of Our Engines at Play Programs Include:
Understanding nuances of language:
• Greeting others and making eye contact
• Listening to others
• Respecting personal space
• Reading, understanding, and using body language
Understanding and communicating concepts:
• Following directions or sequencing steps to a task
• Creating stories or retelling events
• Negotiating or defending ideas, and accepting other’s ideas
• Expressing thoughts, ideas or feelings, and persisting when not heard or understood
Building friendships and relating to peers:
• Initiating play
• Being flexible
• Taking turns
• Seeing something from another’s perspective